Here’s nothing on this page. Woo-hoo!
Tri-State Dharma presents an Insight Meditation residential retreat at the Oakwood Retreat Center in Selma Indiana.
Teachers: Wendy Eisner with Helen Vantine
Dates: March 23-30 (7 days) or March 23-25 (weekend), 2018
- Registrations for the full 7-day retreat will be given priority.
- Weekend retreatants will share a room.
- A few retreatants staying for 7 days may have a shared room for the first 2 nights.
- Those who register early for the 7 day retreat will be given priority for a private room for the entire retreat.
Further Information and registration at the Tri-State Dharma web site: LINK
For the 6 weeks when the Impermanence class is being taught, I am reducing the Incentivize-R sittings to once a week. We will meet only Sundays from 1-2 pm from October 1-November 12. We then return to the schedule: Sundays 1-2pm and Wednesdays 7:30-8:30pm.
Impermanence: A Buddhist Perspective on Coping with Change
An Online Course with Wendy Eisner
October 1-November 12, 2017
live session: Tuesdays (starting Oct. 3) from 7-8:30pm
Course Registration: $60 for 6 weeks
We all know that everything changes, but do we really understand impermanence? The Buddha considered the concept of impermanence to be a core teaching, and encouraged his followers to meditate upon it, discuss it and contemplate it. I am offering a 6-week course on this topic to do just that. The course will be accessible to everyone: Buddhists, non-Buddhists, beginners as well as experienced meditators. The views and topics that will be introduced in this course can be as simple or complex as you, the student, want to make them, but the material will be presented in a way that will be understandable and stimulating. Most importantly, I will present talks, discussions, and recommend practices that can potentially enrich your life in a practical way. This is an important point, because the Buddhist practice of Insight meditation is designed to be completely applicable to your life–right here and right now.
Take the course at your own pace and on your own schedule. The only scheduled event will be the weekly video dharma talk. This will be recorded live, so even if you miss it, you can access it from the website and watch it any time.
Registration gives you exclusive access to course materials available at wendyeisner.com
The course includes:
- Access to the course materials (password protected). You can download the syllabus, worksheets, dharma talks, meditations, and readings 24/7.
- Live Weekly Dharma talk. This will be a real class with Q&A and discussion (1.5 hours) and will be recorded and accessible any time for all enrolled students.
- 1 one-on-one, online or phone conversation with Wendy (if desired).
- Weekly worksheets with study guide and links to readings and meditations.
- Invitation to join my ongoing online sitting group.
- Guided online meditations and meditation instructions (video and text).
- Weekly contemplation (text).
Due to the success of the Incentivize-R, I have decided to offer two sitting sessions each week for the foreseeable future: Sunday afternoons from 1-2 pm and Wednesday 7:30pm-8:30 pm.
Each sitting will consist of a short greeting, a meditation period of 15-20 minutes, a conversation on the sitting, and then another sitting for 20 minutes plus some lovingkindness. All very relaxed. We will have muted microphones during the meditations, and if you want you can turn off your video at any time.
The sessions have been very delightful so far, and everyone seems to enjoy it. You can contact me on my web site if you want to get an invitation link to Zoom to participate. Just because you join in one time doesn’t mean you’re expected to show up again. No guilt! I hope to see you sometime soon.
I am adjusting the “Incentivize-R” to have several scheduled periods for meditating virtually with me. Here’s the schedule for the coming weeks:
- Sunday from 1 to 2 pm, July 23 and 30.
- Wednesday from 7:30-8:30 pm, July 26 and August 2.
You will need to contact me in advance so I can send you an email invitation to Zoom just before the the sitting(s).
Please do it! Here’s an Informatic I just discovered which shows how much of the average person’s life is frittered away with social media (and other forms of media). This is just no good; please do something more beneficial with your time.
I would like to make this offer in an effort to support our practice: If you contact me via this new website, I will invite you to meet via Zoom anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes. We will meditate together for some pre-determined time, and then discuss your meditation and your practice via Zoom as well (this is a video conferencing service that is just like Skype, only easier and cleaner).