Why, then, ’tis none to you, for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. from Hamlet, W. Shakespeare
- I am of the nature to grow old; there is no way to escape growing old.
- I am of the nature to have ill health; there is no way to escape having ill health.
- I am of the nature to die; there is no way to escape death.
- All that is dear to me and everyone I love are of the nature to change. There is no way to escape being separated from them.
- My deeds are my closest companions. I am the beneficiary of my deeds. My deeds are the ground on which I stand.
And finally, this amazing article on facing fear and suffering: