Warming the Heart with Insight Meditation:
Lovingkindness, Compassion, Joy, and Equanimity
A 6-Week Online Course with Wendy Eisner
October 10-November 17, 2018
live sessions: Wednesdays from 7-8:30pm
“What the world needs now, is love, sweet love.”
Course Registration: $60 for 6 weeks
Join me in October for an exploration of the Buddhist teachings on love. It is sometimes called “metta” or lovingkindness. In this class, we will cover the entire corpus of the Brahma Viharas: the teachings that encompass compassion, empathetic joy, and equanimity.
This is not sentimental stuff: we’re going to get down and dirty with the realities of why we are so hard on ourselves and others, why we may not feel that we deserve to be loved, and related issues. We’re also not just talking about romantic love, but something more real, more intuitive, deeper and sweeter. Nowadays, we may think this kind of love is in short supply, yet in fact it is boundlessly available; more renewable than solar power!
The course will be accessible to everyone: Buddhists, non-Buddhists, beginners as well as experienced meditators. The views and topics that will be introduced in this course can be as simple or complex as you, the student, want to make them, but the material will be presented in a way that will be understandable and stimulating. Most importantly, I will present talks, encourage discussions, and recommend practices that can potentially enrich your life in a practical way. This is an important point, because the Buddhist practice of Insight meditation is designed to be completely relevant to your life–right here and right now.
Take the course at your own pace. The only scheduled event will be the weekly video dharma session. This will be recorded live, so even if you miss it, you can access it from the website and watch it any time. Registration gives you exclusive access to course materials available at wendyeisner.com.
Please note: in keeping with Tri-State Dharma’s policy, no one will be turned away for lack of ability to pay. Contact Wendy if you are in need of a scholarship. Donations help to make scholarships possible.
The course includes:
- Access to the course materials (password protected). You can download the syllabus, worksheets, dharma talks, meditations, and readings 24/7.
- Live Weekly Dharma talk: This will be a real online class with Q&A, discussion and guided meditations (1.5 hours). They will be recorded and accessible any time for all enrolled students. Zoom technology has proven easy to use for everyone, and you can sign in via phone, tablet, or computer.
- One-on-one, online or phone conversation with Wendy (if desired).
- Weekly worksheets with study guide and links to readings and meditations.
- Invitation to join my ongoing online sitting group.
- Guided online meditations and meditation instructions (video and text).
- Weekly contemplation (text).
Interested? Register today!
Questions? Contact me!